Friday, April 16, 2010

Leftovers

Well how funny is this? Zo's kitchen last night was not a happening place. We had leftovers reheated. So it was swiss steak and mashed potatoes for another dinner.
Actually we like leftovers that involve a sauce. Seems all just melds together for more layers of flavor. So I had a night off so to speak.
It is another typical spring morning in Eugene, Oregon. Partly cloudy but I do see the sun edging through the clouds occasionally. It is mild out and hopefully by this afternoon we will have some sunny skies. This time of year who knows what will happen. Like they say in Oregon in spring, wait five minutes and it will change. I have seen it go from thundering rain to sun in a matter of minutes and sometimes it does both at the same time. Spring showers are powerful though usually short lived. The tempature can drop by degree's in minutes. It is all quite exciting really, just be prepared.
Yesterday afternoon I did get outdoors a bit. It was pleasant. I always browse through my cooking magazines when sitting outside. I must have thousands of recipes clipped from the pages of magazines. I need to get a handle on that a bit. I have been trying to keep them organized but what a chore. I have too many places to search for a recipe that I know I have somewhere..............but where?
I must run errands today. Hubby will be home around four or so, we may have an early dinner.
I am going to make Cajun shrimp with rice and roasted asparagus with lemon and garlic. I have a nice bottle of Washington sate Pinot Gris that should be just perfect. The recipe for the shrimp is one I have not tried before, so we will see it could be a keeper or loser. Regardless you will hear the results tomorrow.
This morning I must walk. I skipped yesterday. I am pretty structured about my walking but sometimes like a naughty child I just do not do it.
Where we live I walk a block or so I am on a country paved road. To one side are neighborhoods to the other there are sheep( with lambs now, to sweet) and tree farms. So the diversion is nice. We have a lot of crows in the area due to the nut trees. Thet fly overhead looking like witches capes at Halloween with their black wings a flapping. I usually walk about forty-five minutes as that is my loop. So I best throw on those walking shoes and get our the door and on with my day.
Till tomorrow,
Zo


No comments:

Post a Comment