Wednesday, November 2, 2011

IT'S WOK TIME


Posted by PicasaI have absolutely no time to be blogging this morning. However this will be short. I made Chow mien, Zo style last night. We have our fave way of making it that we like.
It did not use any meat. We were in the need for a veggie fix.
So what I do is this.


Zo's Chow mien.
Grab your wok drizzle some canola oil in the bottom of it and swirl to so the oil runs up the sides of the wok. I do all my chopping in advance. Make a large bowl full of veggies.
What we use varies but the basic's are the same.
This is what I used this time. red pepper, green pepper, onion, celery, carrot and savory cabbage. Slice all on the diagonal, add a package of rinsed and drained bean sprouts and a can of water chestnuts. Get the wok to smoking and toss all into the wok, stir every once in a while. The veggies will cook quick and you want them still crispy. Also if you like you can add a bit of Chinese 5 spice. Now at this point when they are a bit still crunchy you can take them out and serve them over rice or noodles or just put in a bowl and top with your fave soy sauce and a little sweet and sour sauce and crunchy noodles if you like.
But I made chow mien last night, so shortly after I stir fried the veggies I added a can of chicken broth and a little water to the veggies in the wok. Then in a side bowl I added two tablespoons of cornstarch and soy sauce. We use Bragg's amino acids instead of soy sauce it is a good alternative as it taste better and is good for you. Stir the cornstarch and soy together with a little water. Add slowly to the wok and stir in well.  Keep cooking until the sauce thickens. I will not take long. That is it!


We like to use our Chinese bowls and put sticky rice in the bottom ladle over the chow mien, then add the soy or anmino's,sweet and sour and then top with crunchy noodles. This is a yummy bowl.
You can make yours however you like with whatever you like and serve it up anyway you like.
We do add chicken and shrimp at times or beef steak strips.....whatever. Always a winner.


Well that is it for now.
My daughter is coming Friday the house is a mess and I am up to my neck in office work.
Have a lovely Wednesday and eat your veggies!

No comments:

Post a Comment