Saturday, November 12, 2011

NO MORE TREE


Posted by PicasaYou see this beautiful tree? Well I am glad I took photo's as it exists no more.
A sad state of affairs really. This tree is beyond our back yard in the neighbors yard. It was a huge sprawling tree probably a couple of hundreds years old. 
Yesterday morning I woke to the sound of saw and other equipment. I went to the kitchen window and looked out. There were ropes attached to the various tree limbs and there was a bucket with a man in it high in the branches. I thought at first they were just topping it. But I looked a little later and now there were several major large limbs that had been stubbed off. Hubby got home and confirmed they were taking it down all the way to it's death. My eyes filled with tears and my throat felt so full. Every time a limb would fall my heart would hurt.
This is a tree that many wildlife inhabit. An abundance of squirrels live in the tree as well as an assortment of birds at different times of the year. It is also where crows have a nest and we listen to their chatter and squawks as they feed their little ones and the adults coo to one another.
So now our back deck is bright and we see sky that we have not seen before and our kitchen and nook at brighter but at what cost?
The tree was healthy and magnificent the highest fullest tree in our neighborhood. 
This morning the crows were circling in the sky behind our house above where their tree had stood. They were silent not their usual chatter just circling in and swooping. When I walked I missed this familiar landmark in our area towing over everything.
Well it is what it is at this point. But this morning when I looked out and knew I would not see that blaze of gold and red filling the sky I was sad all there was empty space. 


Our OREGON game with Stanford is this evening. A nail bitter for sure. I put on three coats of nail polish as to not nibble at my nails during the game.
I surely hope we win. They are a very tough opponent especially with their quarterback Andrew Luck. We are fast and we can keep up the pace as we have so much depth. But it will be a close game I fear. Go Ducks work your magic and win! So much depends on this very game.


Well I am ready to go plop on the sofa with my hubby. I have had a busy morning but now I will be queen. Hubby is cooking for us and family that are joining us. All I need do is make a side dish then put my feet up sip my wine and cheer my Ducks on.
GO DUCKS!!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment