Thursday, March 10, 2011

BUNUELOS

These are wonderful tender light mouthful's of bliss. I bet you cannot eat just one!
I have made these several times in the past year. They are a little Spanish doughnuts. Easy to make and a delight to pop in your mouth with your morning coffee or tea.
The recipe
Bunuelo's
1 cup of water
4 tablespoons unsalted butter cut into piece
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 salt
1 cup flour
4 large eggs
Grated zest of one orange or lemon
Canola oil for frying
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
In a medium saucepan combine one cup of water, the butter, brown sugar and salt over medium-high heat until it just begins to boil. Using a wooden spoon, stir in the flour until incorporated; remove from heat. Stir for a minute then beat in the eggs one at a time, until the dough is glossy and smooth. Stir in the zest.
Fill a saucepan with enough Canola oil to reach one inch in depth. Heat to 350 degree's if using a deep fry thermometer or if not heat till oil shimmers or dipping a wooden spoon into the oil sizzles.
Working in batches drop in rounded teaspoonfuls of the dough and cook, turning until golden about five minutes per batch. Using slotted spoon transfer to paper towels or parchment paper to drain.
In a brown paper bag combine the granulated sugar and cinnamon. Working in batches of 4-5 add the bunuelos and shake to coat. Eat with a smile.
Note* you can also use powered sugar or cocoa.

Today is laundry day for me so I must get back to my chore.
I tried walking this morning. I had to change my route as it started showering and then raining. So I only got in a fifteen minute walk. My face was wet, my bangs plastered to my forehead and legs were quite damp. But I liked it and I felt quite refreshed after having my natural outdoor shower.
Till later
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment