Monday, March 7, 2011

GREAT GRANDAD JACK AND BABY JACK

Here is brother Jack and his little great grandson Jack. How sweet is this picture?
The photo below is a proud mama Jana and baby Jack.
Sorry to say that I could not download other photo's of baby Audrey, Diana, Jana and baby Jack to my photo program but I will keep trying so I can post those as well. I am still a newbie when it comes to computer knowledge.

My intended trip to meet up with Jana and Diana and their new little ones went array.
Hubby and I had to postpone a trip to see Mike and brother Jack due to weather conditions as well as a scheduled job for hubby. So we had to go on our getaway the same time the girls were getting together. So the timing was off. I was very disappointed as I wanted to meet baby Jack and Audrey and spend time with the girls. We will have to work at making that happen in the future, before the babies get to old.

We had a fun trip spending time with my son and my brother. While at my son's we played with his big bear dog. What a sweet big gentle giant that dog is.
I took a gigantic potato salad as Mike said, Mom please bring a lot you know how I love it. So I assume he ate on that salad for a few days after we left. We had hot wings and baked beans to go with for dinner that evening. The next morning I fixed us all a breakfast of farm fresh eggs scrambled with onions and munster cheese and lots of crispy tuscon bread toasted. Then we were off to Jack's.

Jack was happy to see us it had been since Thanksgiving. I have to say for a man 81 years old this man is amazing. He has no health problems that we know of. He is active and strong and quite fit.
He had hubby's fave beer in the fridge for him. There was my favorite red wine waiting for me and his fridge and pantry were stocked with all that he thought we may desire.
I catered a meal for one night. My polenta. sausage casserole, fresh green salad with cheesy garlic dressing and a crunchy loaf of filone bread. The following day we all went out to pizza. The berg where my brother lives has a great little pizza parlor. The crust is crispy, not too much sauce, the toppings are fresh and it is also reasonable. It is always on our agenda when we go that way.
We woke to snow and wind each morning. Jack has many fir trees surrounding his property. It was quite the picture from his living room window watching the huge old fir limbs swaying to the wind gusts and the snow falling sideways driven by the wind. A blur of green and white.
We were cozy indoors with a crackling fire blazing in the fireplace. We listened to music and snacked and sipped drinks and visited non-stop. We three can keep up the chatter and talk about everything imaginable. So we had a great time with my brother and felt sad once again when we left for home.

The weather here today is grim. Gray low sky pressing in on us. I started a walk but quickly returned it started raining lightly and the wind was picking up. So I bagged it, guess I will walk in the house today it is better than doing nothing.

I am starting on taxes today......oh yeah not a favorite of mine believe me! It usually takes me two full days to get all ready for the accountant. I am always so uplifted when that chore is completed.

We had my hubby's Mom for dinner last night. I took the backbone out of a whole chicken and rubbed olive oil over all and then applied my spice rub. The chicken is then put on a baking sheet in a splayed fashion breast up and roasted uncovered. It is a wonderful way to roast chicken, it roasts quicker so therefore stays juicier. I have the photo and recipe on a previous blog. I served it last night with fresh asparagus so tender and tiny also we hummed over garlic mashed potatoes with chicken gravy. I baked puglisi bread till crispy and golden. Hubby's Mom brought desert. It surely was comfort food. It was nice evening after dinner we watched that old movie "Seven Years in Tibet". We have seen that movie a couple times before but not for quite a few years. We always enjoy it.

Well that is enough chatter for today. I suppose I am putting off the taxes for as long as possible.........ugh!

Have a nice Monday
Till later.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment