Monday, May 24, 2010

Another day in a rain sopped paradise. Oh yeah!
A good night for chili served over big bakers.
This is without a thought the best chili recipe I have ever created and believe me I have made dozens chili recipes over the years.

So without a lot of to do today(as I have a really busy day) here is the recipe.

My Best Chili recipe ever.
Ingredients:
1 small sirloin steak cut bite size pieces
2 cloves of garlic chopped
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 Anaheim pepper seeded and chopped
canola oil to drizzle in bottom of cooking pot
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon chili powder( or make it as hot as like)
salt and pepper to taste
1 large can of diced tomatoes in tomato juice(Walmart has this)
a healthy squirt from the ketchup bottle
1 14 0z can of Bush Beans brand chili beans
1 14 0z. can of pinto beans in chili sauce
1 14oz. can of dark red kidney beans rinsed
a tad of water

Brown steak bites in oil with garlic, onion and Anaheim pepper
cook until the meat is browned. Do not have heat to high as to burn the garlic.
Add the large can of tomatoes in tomato juice and the rest of the ingredients.
Simmer at least a half hour to meld the flavors

Now tonight we will serve this chili over large bakers. I split the potatoes open load in the chili, then top with a shredded cheese a dollop of sour cream and sliced scallions. Then we always sprinkle with our favorite hot sauce.

I also like to make chili muffin bowls with the recipe. Just drop a corn muffin in the bottom of a deep individual bowl and ladle the chili over, then top the same way as the potato.

When I make corn muffins I cheat and do this little trick. I just use the jiffy corn muffin mix small box for the two of us. I cut down on the milk and add a dollop cottage cheese in it's place and also add a tad of grated cheddar cheese. There is something about the texture that the cottage cheese adds that I love and the muffins are so tender and moist not like you regular dry cornbread.

Well I have a easy meal for dinner tonight. That is so good as today is not easy! So I best get on my long list of to-do's.
Have a good Monday.



No comments:

Post a Comment