Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sunday today and I do not do much on Sundays. After all it takes me a quarter of the day to read the paper. It was so pretty out early this morning but now back to more of the same.

Our dinner last night was enjoyable. We ate casually, too casually really at the square cocktail table on the sofa's. Yes we have two sofa's instead of the usual sofa, love seat combo. I like to sprawl out as well as my hubby. I had been in the kitchen most of the afternoon cooking away so the the sofa was calling my name. You should have seen my black chefs apron after making the pie crust, not a pretty sight believe me.

My husband is working today, he usually does on weekends. So once again I have the house to myself.
I finished a novel this afternoon. I usually do not read this type of suspense/mystery book but it was pretty good. For the better part of my life I never read anything but non-fiction. I have branched out though and have some favorite fiction writers. I have a book waiting for me now to read by Anne Tyler. Now that gal can create characters. She really comes up with quaint personalities and believe me you get right into their heads.


I am not making dinner tonight so I do not have much to chat about. The
little casserole leftover from last night is enough for this evening. I did make some black beans with corn and peppers last night as well. So we will have that and a small salad again. Have not tried the pie cake as yet as we were not in the mood for for desert last night. I must say I had my share of the little jam tarts though. Yummy.

I must depart now and go for my walk as the weather is breaking for a bit it seems, I see a patch of blue sky.

I hope your Sunday is going well.

No comments:

Post a Comment