Sunday, June 6, 2010

The sun was out yesterday and it was grand. We did get cloud cover in the late afternoon it was mild but quite humid. I was so happy cleaning the deck and I potted a few more plants. My hubby was in the garage sanding and refinishing baseboards for his current job. So that was a plus having him home for the day.

After we both finished our to-do-'s we had a very enjoyable day. We sat out at the patio table and planned our little get away to the beach, what we were taking and what we would do once there. Then we played games and shared a bottle of sparkling wine. We decided to grill burgers as it was so nice out. Later we watched "Friday Night Lights". We had recorded it as we did not watch Friday night. We love this program. So well acted and we are really into the characters. We are so happy it is back, the show has quite a following.

Tonight we are having panini's and potato salad. I will just make a two cheese panini with a few basil leaves. Very simple but tasty.
My panini maker is the Griddler by Cuisinart. We love it. It comes with flat plates as well as the grill plates so you can use it for a lot of different items. It is easy to clean and works to perfection, it is worth the price as it is more expensive than most of the panini makers on the market.

For my panini's I use sourdough bread. I just butter the inside and add the cheese, a couple slices of each. Tonight I am using munster and cheddar. Then I lay about four basil leaves over the cheese. Brush the bread on the outside with olive oil and put in the hot panini maker till the cheese is starting to ooze out and the bread is marked well with the grill marks. I will have my basic potato salad with this. Toward the end of summer when our tomatoes are on we add fresh home grown tomato slices into the sandwich.

Well that is all for today. I am out the door for my daily walk as there is a break in the weather. It has been showery for the better part of the morning.
Have a great Sunday. Don't you love Sunday's? A nice day without much of an agenda at this household anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment