Thursday, February 17, 2011

AUDREY CHRISTINE PETERSON



OK here she is at eight hours old! What a cutie. She is really giving her daddy the once over. I can already tell this one is going to be a heartbreaker.
I am so happy for Diana and her sister Jana. Both now with little ones in their lives. What a time they are all going to have. A new generation on this old earth. Just think what the two of them will see and experience. For someone in my age bracket(old) their lives will be so totally different from the life I have lived.
Maybe that is good or maybe it will be hard for them. But each generation knows only their own reality so they will move through their lives with the same inquisitive minds, hurdles to overcome, joys to be cherished, and love to be found. Bless these little ones and the journey they are embarking on.

Well back to reality and out of baby world.
It is really cold out there today and there may be snow in a day or two according to the paper.

I ran about this morning doing the weekly shopping after making out my weekly menu this morning.
Wow! Has anyone noticed the jump in grocery prices? Of course we all knew produce would take a hike, but everything else seems to have raised also. I am sure the gas prices are mostly to blame as groceries are trucked to their destinations.
I decided to buy a nice size rump roast as they were on sale and as hubby always says, I know my way around a rump roast! Too funny. Anyhow I will make the roast in the slow cooker with oven roasted veggies to the side and the next day have shredded beef taco's. As you know by now a fave of hubby's aka taco man. Plus there will be plenty left for sandwiches. So I felt it was a good buy, my only one today!
Tonight I am making salmon cakes with Trader's canned red salmon. I am fixing a butter lettuce and radicchio salad to go with and rice.

Well hubby is off working today so the house is quiet and all mine.........oh yes!
The fire is so cozy in the family room so I think I will plop in there and read for a couple of hours before it is time to start dinner prep.
Till later.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment