Tuesday, February 1, 2011

CHICKEN POMADORO

This dish is so easy to make and just delicious. I will share the recipe. It is not my own but almost as I have made it for quite some time with little changes along the way. I found it originally in a recipe magazine called Cuisine.

The weather here is really chilly as there is a wind today. We have dense blue skies and there will be plenty of nighttime stars for viewing. We are to have brisk sunny weather for the rest of the week, my walks will be exhilarating!
We are so thankful that we are not having that horrid blizzard that is at this very time in the Midwest and roaring once again to the east coat. I e-mailed my granddaughter this morning she lives in Topeka Kansas. As I was writing the weather channel said the storm was over that very area. I hope they are nested inside their cozy home and making cookies. Man nor beast should be outdoors.

We had fun Sunday. Hubby's sis and husband came down and we had campfire on the deck as it was chilly. We sat out there for several hours just chatting and having snacks and drinks. The stars really glittered when it grew dark and the deck was a glow with the deep orange fire. It was something different to do on a winter night and reminded us all of camping. We wanted to roast a hot dogs but had none.

Here is the recipe for
CHICKEN POMODORO
4 chicken cutlets
flour for dredging
2 tablespoon canola oil
1/4 cup vodka(I substitute white wine as I usually do not have vodka on hand.)
1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup tomatoes(you can use fresh or diced drained tomatoes)
3 tablespoons heavy cream
1/3 cup scallions (if you do not have scallions you can use diced sweet onion)
If using onion you can garnish with parsley for some greenery.

Season the chicken cutlets with salt and pepper and lightly dredge in the flour
add to hot oil in skillet and lightly brown on both sides for a few minutes
remove them from skillet to a plate and cover with foil
Deglaze the pan with either the vodka or wine scrapping up any little bits of chicken
Add the chopped onion(if using) and slightly brown then add the broth and lemon juice and return the cutlets to the pan to heat.Then add the tomatoes and cream and stir till all is warmed a couple of minutes more. Garnish with parsley if not using scallions for garnish.

We like this dish served over either brown or white rice. I had cooked glazed carrots to the side.
We love having a asparagus with this dish when the springtime brings that wonderful veggie to the stores.
I hope you try this easy classy meal.

Well that is all for today. I am up to knees in laundry......oh yeah. Three more piles ready to go. So off to the laundry room.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment