Wednesday, February 9, 2011

MY SON MICHAEL'S BIRTHDAY Februay 11th

Today is my son's birthday. What an adorable baby, a athletic young man, and amazing outdoors man. Well Mom's can be a little prejudiced right?

I will say that 49 years today I was not in a happy place. I had an extremely hard labor, a first baby and a big baby for my frame. I had absolutely no idea what was in store for me. I was so naive. I was in labor over twenty- four hours and for the last eight of that I was in hard labor. Michael was crooked inside me. With his head and shoulder both well advanced into my birth canal. Things were a lot different in 1962 giving birth than they are now. To say no more about the actual delivery and antiquated ways that things were done he finally did arrive healthy. I was worn out, exhausted and sick after his birth. I actually did not see him for a couple of days. I had developed a fever and was getting injections around the clock that kept me sedated and out of pain.
When they did finally bring my beautiful baby boy to me my eyes loaded with tears. My son was so perfect in every way. I raised my knees and laid him on them facing me. When our eyes met for the first time a primal honesty passed between us and it hung thick and full in my throat and I knew my life had forever changed.
Michael as I called him when he was small (he is Mike now) was such a good baby. He was happy and joyful and easy to care for. He eyes were shaped little crescents, happy eyes I called them, he always seemed to be smiling with those eyes.
We had a little game that we played together. If I was sitting down he would toddle over and stand in front of me with his little husky body. He would bend his arms and put his elbows toward me for kisses. I would kiss his elbows and he would pretend to get away and I would pull him back and kiss those elbows again and again. He would squeal with delight and laughter. It makes my heart ache with love to think of it now.
So Mike this blog is for you my son. You have delighted me in ways throughout your life that you cannot not even imagine.
I wish I was there to share your day today but hopefully we will see you next weekend.
Happy Birthday my son.
Love,Mom
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment