Wednesday, February 9, 2011

GINA'S BIRTHDAY Februay 14th

My daughter Gina's birthday today, Valentines Day!!!!! What a wonderful Valentine gift I received on the day you were born.
Here is my girl in first grade, a high school princess, and a current photo.
What a darling girl and woman. Well Mom's do have bragging rights.
So happy birthday Gina we love you and hope your day if filled with all things good.

Gina was born on a bone chilling Valentine's day just three days past her brother's 2nd birthday. Her father and I raced under a low gray sky on a ice mopped highway the thirty miles to the hospital. My labor had started early afternoon and advanced quickly. Gina's birth was so easy compared to her brothers. I arrived at the hospital , went right to the labor room and then quickly to the delivery room and she was born. When the doctor delivered her and said you have a baby girl. I called him a liar. I had so wanted a little girl but dared not to hope to hard and I still could not believe it. He said, well I have been called a lot of things......but not that! He immediately laid her on my stomach so I could see for myself. There she was so red and wrinklley with a thick mop of dark hair. It was true I had a daughter. I was so overwhelmed and so thankful now my family was complete.
Gina was a fussy infant but quickly turned into a delightful baby. She was so adorable with her jumble of curls and petite little body. She would entertain herself by the hour contented just to play with her toys. She did everything early, she walked well before she was one, cut her first tooth really early as did her brother and she started putting together words quite young.
I had a friend that had a little girl a couple years older than Gina. So Gina benefited from all the clothing that was sent our way. As well her Aunt Betty sent clothes by the box full on birthday's and Christmas time. I had her dressed in the sweetest dresses and little tights with ruffles on the behind. Little coats and hats to match. You name it Gina had it in her wardrobe. Every afternoon after her bath I set her thick silky hair in foamy rollers. she never seemed to mind napping in these appendages or at least did not complain in anyway and she never pulled them out. When her Daddy got home later she looked like a little princess dressed up in frills with her pretty curls.
When she started toddling around and talking she would make me nervous when I did not see or hear her. So I would holler out, Gina what are you doing? She would answer, just messing. Well sometimes she was messing, getting into things and making messes but for the most part she was just entertaining herself.
As Gina grew older she always did things for me. Things like making toast and turning the coffee pot on before I was even out of bed. She was quite young when this started and she took such delight in surprising me. As she got older she would vacuum and clean and everything she could think of to surprise me. She is still the most thoughtful child a parent could hope for. She still surprises me in many ways. She is very generous and adores making me happy.
So this blog is for you Gina, my beautiful thoughtful daughter. Thank you for heaping my heart with so much happiness and love all these years.
Happy Birthday sweetie.
Love, Mom



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment