Wednesday, February 2, 2011

HUBBY'S SIS

Campfire at our house. Liz my hubby's sis was enjoying the heat. We spent the afternoon on the deck then we lingered well into evening when hubby built a fire in the fire bowl. It was chilly and clear out. The stars were glittering above in a deep black sky. We all decided it felt like camping and then we conjured up thoughts of a wienie roast. Our mouths were watering at the thought of a juicy roasted dog in a mustard slathered bun with lots of chopped onion and relish. But alas we did not have any on hand. Next time I will plan ahead!

Another cold one here today. We had 24 degree's this AM. It is pretty day out but not a day for a walk like we had hoped as there is a certainly a icy chill to the air. So another day of exercising in the house.

Our plans for our Superbowl get together with Liz and her hubby Joe are underway. I am making pulled pork sammies with coleslaw. I will make a banana cake for desert. Joe just adores this cake it is his fave. Liz is bringing hot wings, potato salad and dips and chips. I will make my Mom's homemade blue cheese dressing for dunking the wings in. Just all typical Superbowl fare but yummy all the same. We always have a fun time. We make up our game board and place a few little bets amongst one another.

We had leftovers last night so nothing new to blog about food wise. I am putting our menu together for the week today and will grocery shop tomorrow. So there will be some new recipes I am trying this coming week. So stay tuned.

That is all for now, must get on with the house duties and then exercise.
Well I just realized I have repeated myself. Old age I would imagine. So now you have read twice about our craving hot dogs while sitting by the fire on the deck...........good grief!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment