Thursday, January 27, 2011

LONGING FOR THE BEACH

This photo was taken a couple of years ago at the Oregon beach.
I was going through my computer photo program today getting more albums put together. Looking at this picture made me want to be there NOW! I had my pack on my back and we were heading for a sheltered area to sit and watch the waves crash and have a snack and share a bottle of wine. We love doing this at the beach. The pleasure of simply sitting on a blanket or a log is so natural and carefree. Our shoes go off first thing. I love digging my toes into the damp sand such a small thing that never fails to remind me of my childhood. The Oregon beaches during the week are usually quiet. Occasionally a couple will stroll along the waters edge or someone will be tossing a stick for their dog. Usually there are lots of sea birds, we love to watch them skitter and dance along the tide line looking for a meal. Could there be anything more relaxing than sipping a nice Oregon wine stretched out on a quilt in the soft sand with the roar of the ocean in your ears and the sun warming your face? We must go soon.

Today here in Eugene is such a great day. Early this morning there was fog so thick you could barely see down the block. But shortly the sun started it's slow burn and steamy sun shinny rays lifted the fog up and away. Then as if by magic the sun was bearing down from the east through our front windows.
My walk was invigorating I was cool for the first part but I was peeling my hoodie off half way through.
Many of the tree's now have pods on the tips of their branches. Some still have last years leaves clinging brown and papery caught up in their branches. It may be an early spring, but we still have February to get through which sometimes can show a nasty face.

I asked hubby what he wanted this weekend for a meal and of course his answer was taco's. Such an easy man to please really. He loves everything I make but he really likes Mexican food, always has. He made a wonderful salsa yesterday. Basically it was his same recipe he normally makes but he roasted his peppers, onions and garlic first before adding them. The salsa has a slight smokey taste which is nice. So taco's it is with pinto beans.

Well I have nothing else to chatter about so I am going to start a new book. I have a couple of hours before hubby gets home from the job site. So I am going to indulge myself with a little down time.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment