Sunday, April 15, 2012

SILVER LAKE CABIN


Posted by PicasaWe are planning a trip the first part of June to join my brother at Silver Lake and will stay in this cabin once again we have done so twice. It is well equipped and suits us just fine. My brothers RV is not far just across the canal so we will spend most of our time at his camp. I will cook up good food for us in the cabin as usual. Seems that June is far off but we have a few plans for little getaways before that so that time will come more quickly than we think.  We need to make our plans so we can block the time out on the work schedule.


It was great day here today. The clouds lifted late morning and I hit the deck running..........yes. I took out my most comfy reclining lawn chair, drinks and book. Oh the sun felt so good and that spring sun is so hot. I put short shorts on and oh my white pasty legs looks so sad. Hubby laughed as he always does when I first expose that white scaly winter skin to the sun. But hey it does not take me long to start getting color.  He is always amazed how quickly I turn to brown. I was totally enjoying the comfort of my chaise and reading my intriguing book when I heard the neighbor to the left of us start up his power washer. Then shortly thereafter the neighbor adjoining our back yard started up his edger then his loud, loud lawn mower. So the peace of the day was shattered with the grinding and humming noise of machines..............ugh. I knew it would last at least an hour so I stayed for an agonizing half hour more and then into the house until it had quieted then back out for a while. I let it get to me and hubby says not to, as there is nothing we can do. We live in a neighborhood of tight lots and that is the way it is. He is right but oh I get so frustrated I cannot help myself. But the good news is I did get some color and my body feels sun kissed. I love that feeling. So a good day.


I took a long walk today and talked to Betty my brother Jack's first wife and mother of his children. Betty is dear to me we have a lot of history she came into my life when I was nine. She has been dealing with health problems but always she is funny and uplifting and makes me laugh. We are silly together and always have been. She is a character. So thank you Betty for the good conversation today, all the reminiscing and great stories.


Tonight hubby is making pork Verde taco's and I am having scrambled eggs in corn tortilla's. I am still being careful with my tummy. It is not that hard to do but I do so love good food and feel disheartened  that I cannot eat what I want. However this is just short term as my tummy is feeling better day by day so soon it will be healed the natural way. Yes no doctor prescribed drugs for this gal, I am so against most prescription drugs unless of course you need them to save your life. But just to take them because it is easier to pop a pill than dealing with some things that can be better handled through proper nutrition and natural supplements seems wrong, for me anyhow.


I will leave you now I was not even going to blog today as I really have nothing to write about. But I guess there is always is something I can chatter about it is a day of my life no matter what.
Till later.





No comments:

Post a Comment