Wednesday, April 18, 2012

YESTERDAY


Posted by PicasaLemon cake pie and veggie tostado. Both very very tasty.
I have been making the lemon cake pie for years. It has a light fluffy filling like lemon pie on the bottom portion with cake on the top part. The recipe will follow as I don't recall putting it on the blog previously. Do try it as it is easy to make and so delicious. 


Another showery day and cooler but watch out here comes the weekend. Sun and warmth into the seventies oh I can hardly contain myself. I am going to paint the deck railing on Saturday and then clean the deck really well and sit up the  patio table and chairs. I will not do the chair pads and the rest of the summer decor at this time as I know we will still have more bouts of nasty rain but at least it will be a start and that will make my heart happy. Then Sunday I intend to plop my bottom in my fave comfy deck chair and read and read the afternoon away. Ah life is good.


I have just finished the most amazing book. The book is called EVERGREEN and is written by Belva Plain. This is the third time I have read this book the first if I recall correctly was in the 1970's. It is a saga of four generations. Of coming to America and making a life here in the late 1800's.  When I finished the book last evening I wrote on the first page to always keep this book and when I am no longer of this world for it to be passed on and read to be enjoyed over and over again. The story of family, love and triumphs over loses and tragedy are heart rendering. The book reveals our human spirit and what it takes to make something of ones life no matter what the circumstances. The characters are so real it seems you have met them before.
So now on to another book today. I  picked up five more books at St. Vinney's yesterday. I was fortunate as all are my favorite novelists. 


I will write the recipe now for lemon cake pie and then on with my day. Seems the time as flown out the window this morning.


Lemon Cake Pie.
pastry for a nine inch one crust pie
3 eggs separated
2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
2/3 cup lemon juice
1 cup milk
1 1/4 cups sugar
1/3 cup all purpose flour
1.4 teaspoon salt


Heat oven to 350 degree's.
Prepare pastry homemade or Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust
Beat egg white in large mixer bowl until stiff peaks form,  carefully set aside into another bowl. Rinse mixer bowl and add the eggs yolks beat until blended well then beat in the lemon zest, lemon juice and milk. Add sugar, flour and salt and beat until smooth. Add the stiff egg whites back into the mixer bowl and mix on slow until blended about one minute. Do not over beat. Pour into the pastry lined pie plate. Bake until golden brown 45-50 minutes. Serve with sweetened whip cream if desired. Or you can drizzle chocolate sauce over the top or around on the serving plate in an artistic design.
Enjoy.


I must leave you now and get dressed. Hubby will be home early afternoon today would not want for him to see me still in my sleepy clothes and the house a mess. I do have my standards lol.
Later.

















No comments:

Post a Comment