Saturday, April 21, 2012

SIMPLE DINNER FARE


Posted by PicasaThis was what I served a couple evening ago. I made Parmesan crusted chicken breasts, mashed yukon gold potatoes with sliced scallions and butter sauce, a salad of baby greens, beats, onion and tomatoes with my Mother's Russian dressing and a scattering of  sunflower seeds. A very nice dinner easy to prepare and enjoyable to eat. I will share how I make my Parmesan chicken with you.
I used a fresh chicken breast half and cut it through length wise to fillet it into two pieces. Salt and pepper and dredge into flour then into egg wash and a final dredge into a combo of half fresh Parmesan grated cheese and panko crumbs. Coat well shaking off excess place on a baking sheet or I prefer to place on parchment paper on a baking sheet. Drizzle sparingly with oil I prefer canola oil as it is light and does not deter from the flavor of the cheese. Sprinkle with paprika and pop into a preheated 375 to 400 degree oven.  Set timer for twenty minutes at the end of that time, flip the breasts and drizzle tops with oil. Bake another fifteen minutes or until all is golden and the crust is crispy. The breasts make take a longer or shorter baking time depending on how hot your oven is. 


I was so looking forward to the day today. For it is to be sunny and plenty warm just perfect really for working outdoors which is my plan. Well it is now going on two pm and there is no sun. We have fog in our area. I do not know if the entire city is fogged in but I am not liking this one bit. It has just taken the spirit out of me today. I was hoping by this time I would have had the deck hosed, the spa cleaned and be giving the deck railings a new coat of fresh paint. However I have not even bothered to step out the door into this gloomy realm. It could be one of those days that the sun makes an appearance at four or five..........why does it bother?


I made reservations today for a four night getaway for hubby and I. We have not been away since our little adventure to Lincoln City in February. So we are more than ready. Also have plans on the agenda in June for a camping trip with my brother at Silver Lake Wa.  


My format has been changed for this blog. Not that I requested that they just do it, so now I have to muddle through it and figure how to use it once more. Also my Picasa photo program was changed and now  I do not know how to get my photo's to FB. So more things to learn for this complete dimwit of computer technology. 


I must leave you now and make myself something to eat. So many choices all boring I fear. Cereal or a 1/2 sandwich, soup, fresh fruit or salad. I feel like being bad and having something not good for me, but I will not.


Till tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment