Monday, April 9, 2012

TUSCANY


Posted by PicasaAh Tuscany. My next life? I even have my new future name picked out. What do you think of Elysium  , well Elle for short. Elysium pertains to the afterlife in Greek mythology.  Any how plans and more plans. I have already let hubby know this information so we can hook up. He needs to figure out a name also so I can remember as well. Well one never knows.........


Easter has passed the day was bright and warm and for that we are thankful. Our meal was a large one for two folks though what we put on our plates were our normal portions. However a little of this and a tad of that do add up.
I fixed a baked ham with current red wine glaze, mashed potatoes with mushroom gravy, asparagus with lemon zest and butter and cracked pepper, yeast rolls with honey butter and a relish tray with our favorite bites. No desert was planned though hubby did have some rainbow sherbet later in the evening. We will eating on that ham now for a while then what is left will be put in the freezer to use later for fifteen bean soup and ham. The meal melted in our mouth's it was comfort food.


As the weather has been pleasant my husband has been doing yard work. There is much to tend to so a little each day is the plan. Today I cleaned the sidewalks in front and washed the windows at the front of the house. The showers will be back tomorrow and then rain is predicted for a couple of days. Is spring around the corner? Perhaps as it is warmer but the sun is still being shy for this time of year. It seems to me to that this spring may be a repeat of  last year.


I have not been blogging much as I have not been cooking different and interesting things. As I mentioned before I am dealing with digestive issues I am better but still have some lingering effects. So I am being very careful of what I eat and certainly keeping to small portions.


My niece Sarah is coming for lunch on Friday we have not spent time together for quite some time. The little lunch I am planning will consist of mozzarella cheese, tomato and basil panini's. I will serve along side a salad of mixed baby greens with a Italian dressing with toasted pine nuts and shaved Parmesan cheese. A nice bottle of white wine is in order. I will connect with Sarah to make sure she cares for the ingredients in this little lunch. You never know with young folks what their likes and dislikes are. Though I feel Sarah has a sophisticated palate as she has traveled and lived abroad.


I am wanting to go out back and hose off the deck now, I just feel inclined to be outdoors right now. The air is warm and fresh though the sky has dreary  clouds pressing close so little sun is peering through. However the mild conditions are a welcomed lift to the spirit. 


Off I go........







No comments:

Post a Comment