Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Beautiful Central Oregon

Back from our little getaway to Central Oregon.
As you can see it is mountain country. Actually some years back I climbed the South Sister mountain pictured here. Believe me it is a long way to the top and it was a big climb for me but I made it!
The second photo is of Devils Lake. My hubby and I have been on this lake in our raft. A very uplifting spiritual experience unfolds floating on these tranquil waters.

We had a grand old time with family in Bend. Much laughter was shared and new memories created.
Blueberry pancakes were prepared by my brother in law from scratch and piled high on a platter served with pure maple syrup. Is there anything better than syrup dripping down your chin, pass the napkins please!
Our Bend family resides on fifteen private and quiet acres. This is such a special treat for us as we are city dwellers. It felt like a country retreat that we never wanted to leave.

Back now to catching up once again. Today I gathered together as many half pint and pint canning jars I could locate and dug out the water bath canner from the storage shed. Tomorrow I will buy the ingredients I need and Thursday is relish making day. I will take a photo my efforts when finished.
At least the veggie bin in the fridge will be empty of zucchini for a day or so till another arm load comes in.
We are enjoying lots roma tomatoes now they were the first to come on.

It is quite a warm today mid nineties. The temps will be dropping ten degrees in a couple of days. Well that is Oregon. It is the nature of things here though to have an amazing indian summer well into the first weeks of October.

I am making my tuna cakes this evening. I do believe I have already posted that recipe when I first started my blog. I did not take a photo though at that time. So I may have one for you tomorrow. I now must get the weekly menu figured out so I can make my grocery list for tomorrow. I also have a dirty deck awaiting my attention so best get to it.
Have a great day wherever you are.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment