Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Zo at the river

Good morning,
Another glorious day in the Willamette valley. Low clouds this morning breaking into golden sunshine as I write.
I accomplished much yesterday but still need to spread some small rock this morning in the backyard area.
We had a good simple dinner last night. My hubby grilled a T-bone steak to perfection we spilt that steak which is what we do with a large steak. I made sauteed crookneck squash and grated Gruyere cheese on top and sprinkled with fresh lemon thyme from the herb barrel. I made a green salad with sweet onions and a beautiful crisp cucumber just picked from our garden. We topped the salad with my Mom's honey mustard dressing. Simple and satisfying.

I am making chocolate zucchini bread today and will take a photo and post it tomorrow with the recipe.
I actually lost my recipe, misplaced it more like it. Well when you have hundreds of recipes tucked here and there you can see how that happens. So I looked online and found one that seems to be so similar. So will give it a whirl.

Tomorrow morning I am going to walk the river trail that goes along the Willamette river. There are walking and biking trails throughout our whole city and surrounding area. There are lots of birds, ducks and geese that gather at the rivers edge. The trees are of many different varieties and there are flower gardens and rose gardens and even community vegetable gardens along the path. There is much to look at and take photo's of if one likes. Seems there are always folks on the river in canoes, rafts or just swimming. So that is my treat to myself tomorrow. Hubby is working this week so I do not have his company. There is a little spot I will pop into and have a fish taco after my walk. Yum!

I now must once get out to the yard to get the rest of my outside work finished.
Wherever you live get out and enjoy the day. Fall then winter will be on our doorstep all to quickly.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment