Saturday, August 7, 2010

Crescent Lake Oregon


This is where we will be next week. Oh I cannot wait as we love this place. I have been going to this lake since I was eighteen years old. When I am there this lake gives me peace, it brings to mind the many memories of times past. Times with my parents and little brother, with my children as they were learning to water ski or just flying on a tube behind a boat. My hubby and I do not have our cabin cruiser boat any longer but for years we spent many weeks each summer on this lake. We lived on our boat and anchored each evening to sleep in a little bay. Ahhhhh it was wonderful. This lake is truly woven into the fabric of my soul.

Well our lunch out yesterday to the new place was a bust. We checked the hours they were open before leaving. We drive to this area for the treat of authentic Mexican food. We park and walk up to the door and there is a sign plastered over their hours sign that states: Will be back at four thirty. Well it is now two. So what to do? We cannot wait around for two and half hours. So we go to our old standby Mexican restaurant and have a jolly good time on the cute patio with the bright yellow umbrella's. The food was good and drinks were great as usual.

There was not a single thing happening in my kitchen last night. We were not hungry in the slightest. This evening we are having grilled beer brats with roasted peppers and paprika potatoes. My husband is doing the cooking. He always does a good job. I must run to the farm though asap to get an assortment of peppers. He will just toss these in the grill basket and sprinkle with salt and a little olive oil. Serve along side the brats and potatoes. My contribution is my special mustard for dunking the brats in.

Must get out the door for my walk and on to farm stand.
Have a wonderful weekend where you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment