Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Enough with the zucchini already!

I pick what is needed to be picked in the squash bed and the next morning I go out to check and they have given birth again!
Day after day it is the same. I am making zucchini bread around the clock it seems. Chocolate zucchini bread is on the agenda today. For a side for tonight's dinner we are having yellow squash they are perfect size, small and tender.
Last night I used a recipe for zucchini fritters from Food Network magazine. I must say I was sorely disappointed. I followed the recipe perfectly and they looked great when finished. However after one bite into the center they were gluey. There is an adornment amount of Parmesan cheese in them as well as flour and egg. Well you get the picture. I was going to pass the recipe along and a photo but oh well..........I am going to make my Mom's recipe for the fritters which I adore and I will pass that one along. Sometimes there is nothing better than Mom's cooking.

I am working in the back yard today before the sun arrives there, so best get at it.
Must grab the rake and make haste.
Have a good day and eat your squash!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment