Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Garlic basil burger on sourdough

We wanted something easy and filling last night. So it was hot off the grill burgers. We like ours on sourdough bread that I grill along with the burgers. It made for a hearty meal with a nice glass of pinot noir from one of our local vineyards.
These burgers are simple. Good quality ground beef, a little minced garlic and chopped basil are mixed into the meat with salt and pepper. Grilled to medium then I add Gruyere cheese till melted. Load up with a big tomato slice, sweet onion, dill pickle, leaf lettuce a couple more basil leaves and top them off with a yellow wax pepper. I always make my secret sauce not much of a secret I doubt. Just some mayo, horseradish and chili sauce. Doesn't everyone do something like that?

I am off today for grocery shopping for the week and our little getaway to Crescent Lake. The weather looks very promising for a lakeside trip. We will have plenty of sunshine and heat. That water there is freezing so I am one who will only tip a toe or perhaps my ankle in to cool off. My husband will not doubt swim, he always does.

My daughter wrote me a detailed account of her little adventure into the wilderness this past weekend. They had a wonderful time being alone in nature in the Blue Mountains. Seems for fun times, wonderful scenery and adventure we need never leave our state.

I must make haste this morning as I have much to do the next couple of days. We have low coastal clouds this morning. This seems the pattern the past couple of days with the sun always breaking through before noon. It is rather nice though as it is cool in the mornings and I open the doors to welcome all that freshness in. It smells like the ocean.

I will make more zucchini bread this afternoon as the veggie bin is once again full of them. I laughed to my husband as it is never ending. Each evening he walks in from garden with another arm load. Heaven help us!

Have a lovely Tuesday till later.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment