Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Good morning,
No photo today. A funny thing happened. I had every intention of taking one when I plated my food last night. But then I got sidetracked talking with hubby and I started eating. About six mouthfuls in I thought, oh no, then oh well, and took another bite!
Regardless I am going to give you the recipe it is good I have made it before on several occasions.

Today it was showery early now the sky seems to be breaking and the clouds are separating, there is some blue. I have not walked as yet hoping for it to warm just a little. We felt chilly and tired this morning when we crawled out of bed. The time change has us a little befuddled we have been falling asleep to early and then do not sleep well.

Well our deck is certainly a big mess it is plastered thick with leaves. The only way to remove them now is with the hose and who wants to go out there and hose them off when it is cold and rainy? So as I work in my kitchen the view from the window onto the deck is less than pleasant. I may do something about it this afternoon if the showers hold off.

Here is the recipe.
Shrimp Etouffee.
I use Pacific Seafood easy peel shrimp but of course you can use the shrimp of your choice. Buy at least medium size.

1/2 onion chopped
2 tablespoons canola oil
2 tablespoons butter
1 medium green pepper chopped
1/3 Anaheim pepper chopped
1 cup chopped celery
2 cloves garlic minced
1 can diced tomatoes with green chili's
2 teaspoons paprika
2-3 small squirts of Sriracha(chili sauce)we call it rooster
1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined removing tails
Hot cooked rice of your choice. We like Cal Rose(sticky rice)

In a soup pot cook onion in oil and butter until onion is tender. Add green peppers,celery,garlic,sriracha and tomatoes. Cook uncovered over low heat for about ten to fifteen minutes stirring occasionally. Add paprika and shrimp,cook until the shrimp turn pink.
If you like you can add more sriracha after you dish it for more heat.
Ladle over hot rice in a bowl. This is a mouthful of goodness with a bit of a bite. It is also a very pretty dish, with the green peppers and red tomatoes and pink shrimp. Sorry again about the photo.

Tonight I am making comfort food and something easy to digest as we will be eating late as hubby is putting in a long day. I am making my scalloped potatoes with ham and cream corn. It is creamy and cheesy and definitely satisfying.

Stay warm and dry and have a great day.



No comments:

Post a Comment