Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving at my brother Jacks. A good time was had by all. It was a fun day with good company and good food.
The catered dinner went well, I did not forget anything, that was my concern. The men all had seconds. I knew they would. My brother, son and grandson all cook for themselves. They actually do a good job of that but you know when someone else cooks up a meal, they cannot pass on second helpings.
The next day was college ball day. We watched two games. We won our game over Arizona. Once again we started slow but the end result is what counts. It is very exciting at this point. Now we must and I repeat MUST beat the Oregon State Beavers next Saturday in their stadium. As you know this is called the Civil War game and it is war!

My brothers house was very cozy. I brought some table decorations and candles. Friday morning he had a fire in his fireplace. How I miss a fireplace in my own home so it was a treat for us.
We left Saturday morning quite early to miss the traffic and for the most part the trip was uneventful. There was one event that could have turned nasty for us. A car on the outskirts of Portland tried to cut in front of us from the right almost sideswiping us and rear ending another vehicle. It shook us up!

My son and grandson rode together to my brothers. It was so wonderful to see them both.
My son has a big booming voice and always has many humorous stories to tell. He is quite an entertainer. My grandson is such a nice young man. He is thoughtful, easy to be with, mannerly and so handsome. What is not to love?
My nephew John, Jack's son and John's Mom Betty were there. Betty and I are close. I have known Betty since I was seven years of age. Now that is a lot of years back in time believe me. There is a lot of history to share when we start chatting. Betty kept company with me while I prepared and cooked. We could hear the men in the living room enjoying themselves with their boisterous laughter and voices.

I am off to the grocery store as soon I finish this blog. I will pick up the making for tomorrow nights dinner. I am making a cheese spinach pie. I have not made it for a number of years as I recall it was good. I am making a green salad to go with. Seems we have not had a green salad for a while. Tonight I am making old fashioned fried chicken which I will finish off in the oven. We are having with mashed potatoes and chicken gravy and glazed carrots. I love freshly cooked carrots. After their cooked , I put a pat of butter and a drizzle of honey on them and let all melt together. Quite good and easy.

It is a gloomy day here. There are varying shades of gray looming over us low. Sometimes it brightens for a bit then turns all gunmetal gray once more.

Till tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment