Tuesday, November 16, 2010

OREGON COAST

I am longing for the coast I think. It has been a while since we ventured over. We were talking this past week that we need to make a trip soon. Walking along the beach at the water line on the hard wet sand just centers me. Looking for shells or special rocks while watching the sea birds bring much joy to my heart. There are many winter days on the Oregon coast that are perfectly pristine. The ocean a deep blue appears as a reflection in the sky and the air is fresh and wild with it's salty bite. In the evening standing on our balcony under a star crusted sky is truly a piece of earthly heaven.
We have our favorite places we like to pop into but overall we spend an incredible amount of time on the beach. In winter we bundle up snugly, slip on a day pack holding a nice bottle of wine, two glasses and some cheese and crackers. Hubby finds us a windbreak either a log or a dune to nestle behind. We spread a blanket and gaze at the sea and sky and enjoy our little treats we brought for the occasion. We really enjoy winter at the beach. There are less people for sure and the clarity of the sea and sky are not the same in summer. I am ready to pack our bags just thinking about it. We are thinking Christmas but maybe before.

This morning we woke to clear skies. I walked early before the clouds and the lower temperatures came in.
My husband and I then made a run to Traders Joe's for our usual staples. Wine for one thing, cheese and bread for another. There are many items I like to purchase there but with hubby along best to get what was needed and no lingering. He is not a shopper nor am I so that could spell trouble in an overly crowded store.

I put a beef pot roast in the slow cooker early this morning. Tonight we will have roast, smashed garlic potatoes and Trader Joe's baby green beans with lemon butter. So I would venture to guess you know what is on the dinner menu for tomorrow night. You are right, shredded beef taco's. See you remembered I am married to Taco Man. I really do not mind, it makes him happy and it is easy for me.

It will soon be time to start gathering together my ingredients for the Thanksgiving dinner I am catering to my family in Washington state. Because I am an organized person I have the menu set and a list of needed items already on the word processor. I will enjoy doing this so much for my family. I love the planning, the prep, the cooking and the presentation. This year as we will be at my brothers we will not be dining at the table as his table would not accommodate us all. He has a huge kitchen island so all will be set up buffet style but I will make it festive and fun. It will be so nice to have the companionship of my family and share a meal.

A dirty kitchen floor and another load of laundry await me, so best get my chores done.
Till later.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment