Tuesday, April 26, 2011

KING ESTATE WINERY


Posted by PicasaThis is where hubby and I will be dining for my birthday lunch on Sunday. Such a beautiful facility. World renown wines and views allowing glimpses of the coast range. This is truly a loving setting. The restaurant serves dishes made from local produce. We will taste at a few other wineries before stopping at King Estate to have lunch.


Today I am housebound with "wifey" chores as I call them. Perhaps it is a good day to be indoors as it does not look all that wonderful outdoors. Besides general housework I must once again attend to the office duties. There is always filing and a few bills must go out today and I will balance the check book. In this day and age that part is quite easy with online banking. I need to wash the living room windows on the inside it seems I just did that not to long ago. Would it not be wonderful if when you did your deep cleaning all would stay that way forever? It really makes me feel so grand when all is so sparkly clean and fresh. 
I remember when I used to dry clothes on the line years back. It was always such a pleasure to bring them in off the line and touch and fold them and the aroma of the freshness that enveloped them was heavenly. The towels were always a little rough you smoothed them out with your hands to soften them. Jeans were really stiff sometimes they could stand on their own. I always loved folding cotton diapers then placing them all white and fresh in the babies dresser. There is something to be said for the old days clothes drying under the sun, yards being watered with hoses held with caring hands, windows washed with pink window cleaner and newspapers,dishes washed and dried by hand usually a chore done by two. In my case I washed, little brother dried and we fought with one another and snapped each other's posterior with dishtowels. Oh the good old days. There are just to many amazing things to remember. I must list them all one day.


Well it is the present and my duties call so I best start my day. I do wish I was hanging clothes on the line today under a hot sun with a fresh breeze. It would make my heart happy. But off they go tossed into the washer to whirl them clean and then into the dryer coming out smelling like phony flowers or whatever from the cling free sheets. 
Till later have a great day no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment