Thursday, April 14, 2011

ROASTED VEGGIES YUMMY!

In Zo's Kitchen Tonight I am making roasted vegetables to go with a slow cooked pork loin. I was going to make mashed potatoes but I wanted a array of veggies. So I used, three russet potatoes, one large yam, one Anaheim pepper, two cloves of garlic, one onion cut into wedges, six radishes thick sliced, and two carrots. Mixed all with olive oil and salt and pepper. Spread in sprayed casserole and covered with foil for twenty minutes at 400 degree's, then uncover and continue roasting for another fifteen minutes. I made a thin horseradish sauce to drizzle over the pork roast. It is a simple sauce of mayo, horseradish and Worcestershire and black pepper. I will make hubby some garlic sourdough toast to go with.
I am taking a photo but once again I am seriously have problems with getting my photo's to my blog. Sometimes it works, other times not so we will see.


I was hoping my daughter may come for a visit this weekend. However she is not. I was originally going to go north on the interstate to visit her and the rest of my family but bagged the idea with the weather still being stormy. So I have decided to wait until warmer weather, if it ever comes. So I will be here this weekend with hubby as usual. He is working on Saturday but we will have Sunday and actually the sun is promised to come out. However those promises have been broken many times this spring, so we will see.


I was thinking the other day that I may submit a story to the magazine, Mary Jane's Farm. A friend of mine told me about the magazine. I think the short stories I have written about growing up on the farm when I was a little girl would have the right format for that magazine if I were fortunate enough to have a story published. The stories are written from a child's point of view and there is always a little moral to be gleaned at the end of each tale. The stories are true to the best of my memory. I had quite a extraordinary life on that farm with it's cow pastures, natural springs and  dark woods of old growth timber. There was a huge scary barn that our many animals took refuge in at night. There was pond for taking a plunge and cooling off on a hot summers day.  We had a huge vegetable garden every summer as well as a corn patch I would get lost in. We slurped up black berries and chomped on juicy apples that grew in abundance on our property. Our home was very humble but so inviting and cozy due to my Mom's talents of sewing and decorating. At the time I thought it was an idyllic life my thoughts have not really changed from that point of view but now I realize I was isolated from other children and I spent a lot of time alone. However I can still entertain myself very well and absolutely treasure my quiet alone times.
So I may explore that avenue and share what growing up in the country forty-five miles west of Portland on that old farm was like for me and my family.


Well the dinner last night was great. I must say it was the first time I have roasted radish's I just did that on a whim as I had them in the fridge. Well you know what? They were wonderful I wish I had put more of them in with the other veggies. They turned very mild and tasted very similar to a turnip but better as they were sweeter. Once again my photo would not post. so I must keep plugging away trying to rectfy that issue. It really irriates me as I love to take photo's and post them.


Rain today and cold. I have the little fireplace going as well as the furnace. Actually last night when we crawled into bed I was thinking I should put the flannel sheets back on. Good grief it is the middle of April. Enough already!

No comments:

Post a Comment