Saturday, April 9, 2011

THURSDAY'S RAINBOW

This is an amazing photo. My hubby stepped out the door and said come quick. Actually we saw three rainbows each one a replica but more distant and less vivid. I did enhance this photo as it was raining so the spots you see are rain drops.
We had a very nice warm day yesterday though the breeze was chilly. Our garden spot that has nothing planted as of yet is on the south side of our home and is shielded from the wind. So a perfect choice for sun bathing. Our poor pastey white winter bodies were surrendered to the sun. We both got some color and that made us very happy. We spent the majority of the day there loving every minute. Then late afternoon we had our first grill of the season. I made bacon, mushrooms burgers with two kinds of cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, red onion and special sauce. We had no side dishes except Kettle Chips. We hummed through those burgers, though as usual I could not completely get through mine.
Tonight we are grilling again. I have a sirloin steak sitting the fridge with my spice rub on it. I will grill it to medium and let it sit for ten minutes then slice on the diagonal and place over a bowl of salad greens with red onion slices and mushrooms. I am making my blue cheese dressing to ladle over all. I have some Tuscon bread on hand so will throw that on the grill with a drizzle of olive oil then rub a sliced garlic clove on the hot bread. So dinner will not be too heavy but very tasty.

Today we are going out for a bit to a neighborhood Mexican restaurant  for lunch, so a little outing for us as we do have a bit of cabin fever it seems.

Well I am going to close as I am very curious to see if this photo will publish. I noticed on my last blog the photo of the beautiful spring tree did not load. Strange. I am doing nothing different than I have in the past. There are so many things that go on in the computer realm that I do not understand.
Have a nice weekend whatever you are doing and hopefully the sun will be shinning on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment