Wednesday, April 6, 2011

STILL WAITING FOR SPRING

Another day of gray dull low skies. How much longer?
This is the tree in our back yard it is mostly leafed out at this time. All is very green now and many flowers are showing their pretty faces, but believe me this is not spring in the complete sense of the word. It is chilly temp's only in the fifties for the most part. Yesterday we had scattered sun among the many clouds. We popped in and out of our secluded garden area to catch what rays we could. When the sun appeared it was incredibly warm but quickly a shadow would fall over us and chill us and so the afternoon went. Well we got our exercise pattering in and out of the house.

I am making Parmesan crusted chicken breasts tonight with brown rice pilaf and sauteed spinach with garlic and lemon. This afternoon I making nutmeg cake doughnuts. Not that either bodies living in this household need nutmeg cake doughnuts, but that is not even relevant on a grim day like this. I need to smell something wonderful frying up!

I am hoping that my photo will post this time. I have been having problems with getting pictures to my blog site for some reason.

I am planning on making a little trip by myself to see my family in Portland, and Washington state. I will be gone about five days I believe. It will be lovely to spend time with my daughter and son and also my brother once again. Hopefully hubby will be working hard for us while I am gone. Work has been slow but surely will improve, we have hope.

Well now we have had severe storms in the mid-west once again and also the southern states. I wonder what is next? Seems there is something going on somewhere weather wise that is not the norm quite frequently now. My granddaughter lives in Topeka Kansas and I read there were tornado's in that region. I am concerned about her and her little family there. They do have a cellar and they use it when these events happen. I would be very a nervous Nelly if I lived in tornado country. Not for me.

Well today I am de-cobwebbing our ceilings and walls. I have a long fluffy tool that does a good job on those webs. You would think we had tons of spiders for the amount of cobwebs that appear but I never see a one. Good thing I am thinking. I am no spider fan by any stretch of the imagination. I have half of the house finished at this point so I had better get back to my chore.

Have a lovely day wherever you are, maybe there is not a gray blanket overhead as here.

Till later.

No comments:

Post a Comment