Wednesday, April 13, 2011

READY FOR SPRING

Ready and waiting for springs arrival, wait hasn't spring already come? Well actually yesterday looked and felt like spring but today is back to cold and rain. This has been going on for too long now, enough already! Yesterday I raced about getting to-do's out of the way. It was grocery shopping day for me yesterday as well as other errands. I started quite early as I knew it was to be a nice day. When you have one day in hopes of seeing the sun you surely do want to be out and enjoy it even if you are pulling weeds. I put all away as quickly as possible when I returned home about one. I threw together a half of tuna sandwich as I was starving. Hustled to the garden area with my book and lunch. Ahhhhh, yes, sun, warmth, heat. It felt so wonderful. I lingered over my lunch and happily sat and read for about an hour. Then I grabbed the hose and cleaned the deck and did some tidying up. Then I noticed a haze moving in from the west and the next thing I knew light gray clouds were forming and starting to float over. Well I surmised that was it and I was right, within an hour all was gray and grim. So back into the house I came discouraged that the blue sky had not lasted longer but still pleased that I had a hour or two of enjoyment. We all know what the gray gloomy days do to our emotions. It wears on you day after day and soon you just start feeling depressed. Seems your energy wanes and your desire to do things evaporates. So a sunny couple of hours can do wonders for your well being. So for that I am thankful for yesterday. Today will be a day spent indoors. I even need to do my walk indoors which I manage to do on days such as these.

I will shortly be searing a pork sirloin roast and placing in the slow cooker for this evenings meal. I will make it just simple with salt and pepper and some fresh garlic. Tonight we will have mashed potatoes with pork gravy made from the drippings and fried cabbage with peppers. Then tomorrow the pork will be morphed into taco's. I will shred and simmer the pork until heated in salsa Verde and then heap into crispy corn shells with cilantro, cheddar, chopped onions, salsa and sour cream. I will make a side of black beans. So dinner plans are underway for the next two evenings. The pot of chili I made the other night with left over grilled steak was amazing. We enjoyed it again last night. Now the remainder will go into the freezer as there is enough for chili dogs later this month. I use the freezer a lot for leftovers that freeze well. Also for many of my sauces that I make. I like to make a large batch and what I do not use I place in freezer zip lock quart bags for later use. It really cuts down the time when you are busy and need a fast meal.

Well I best get on with my indoor day. I made out a list last night of little projects that need doing so I will start chipping away at that list today. Enjoy your day whether you are sequestered indoors or happily outdoors enjoying spring weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment