Saturday, May 21, 2011

HIGH PASS WINERY


Posted by PicasaWe had a great time yesterday. Driving out to this winery from Eugene is a treat.
This winery sits in a serene setting of tree spattered hills, grape vines, and rolling fields. It does remind me of the area where I lived throughout my childhood.
We tasted several wines and choose a lovely pinot noir for a glass to be enjoyed on the little patio.
Hubby is sipping enjoying as you can see by the photo.
We lingered over our wine and enjoyed the warmth of the sun and the quiet surroundings. The bird feeder had been filled that morning for the birds so we enjoyed their chattering and flitting about us.
We took our time on the thirty six mile round trip journey. We traveled through little bergs scattered about throughout the hills and valleys. Simple tiny towns with  old fashioned white churches, a small grocery store, a fire station, a gas station and that is about all. Mail boxes are perched on home crafted posts and clothes flutter in the breeze hanging from clothes lines. All is very old fashioned and a time long gone in most folks lives but still very much alive in these tiny bergs.  I felt a longing of sorts driving through these little towns with their small populations where life seems to have slowed and all seems peaceful.
After we arrived home we shared some wine and enjoyed the outdoors for a while at the patio table. The clouds were crawling in from the west however so we started the grill and hubby put on the pork ribs and started doing his thing. By the time we were ready to eat all the blue sky had been replaced by grim gray clouds.


Today we are mix of sun and clouds. I still have not taken my walk and will do that shortly. I am going to call my brother and chat a bit while walking.
Hubby has went to the meat market for franks. He wants a grilled dog later loaded with sauerkraut and stone ground mustard. I admit it does sound good to me also I will top mine with the last of my zucchini relish. Yumo!
Enjoy the day I know we will.
Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment