Friday, May 6, 2011

THOUGHTS


Posted by PicasaI cannot let go of wine country especially after wine tasting the other night at the Hilton. My sis in law, hubby and I went. Tables and tables full of delectable wine. Where to go first? We decided to walk around the edge of the tables to keep ourselves in some sort of fashion. We never did make it to the middle tables which was disappointing but there was just too much wine and not enough time. I stuck to tasting reds as they are my fave especially the pinot noir. Hubby tried it all white or red. The food was disappointing to say the least. Just the simple boring usual fare of cheese, crackers, breads, olives and assorted dips. The only interesting item was lamb chops in some sort of a fig and rosemary sauce. The sauce was really tasty but the chops I thought were to the tough side. Hubby enjoyed them, he is a lamb fan as I am, if it is tender and succulent. So mostly we tasted wine which is why we were there.
Now two days later my mind still lingers on thoughts of my birthday day and the wine tasting. Maybe my heart is drenched in wine and it will take a while to wash away. Also the weather warmed us and energized us for a few days now back to the dreary gray. Sometimes my soul screams I am so weary of this. I sometimes feel like life is just passing by each day without much enjoyment. I seriously never want to feel that way as it is a waste.
We must grasp each day with bright eyes and open hearts. A moment missed could be a lifetime if the moment is meaningful. And a meaningful moment could be the slightest little thing that makes your heart sing. You know like baby birds in a tree chirping their tiny chirps while their parents are scolding them for chattering so loud and drawing attention to the nest. Or perhaps it is the tiny violets you have coxed through the winter and now their smiling sweet faces are multiplying. My cedar barrel is almost full and a month ago it was barely half full. I know they have had a struggle this spring as we all have trying to find those warming rays of a scanty sun.
The other morning as I was looking out the window I watched this little girl skip down the sidewalk she was singing to herself. She reminded me of myself at that age just feeling free with not really a thought except being in the moment. But then she did the unexpected as she passed our neighbors yard. She stopped and looked and then every so gently she reached down and plucked a bright red tulip from it's bed. Then the girl with the tulip clutched in her hand ran down the street with the biggest smile on her face. It was a sweet and private moment but something I probably would not have done. I would have been to fearful I would have been caught. I guess maybe we should take a few more chances in life. I believe I have done that as I have aged and it has brought to me more excitement and fulfillment than when I was younger and more cautious.
Well I titled this blog, thoughts. And I suppose it is.
So perhaps steal a tulip out of someones yard and run as fast as you can, which in my case is not that fast.
Till later.

No comments:

Post a Comment