Wednesday, May 18, 2011

SWEET FACES


Posted by PicasaThese little flowers are so strong. Yesterday it rained so hard and just pounded their little faces. But here they are this morning all smiles and ready for a day in the sun.
Hubby and I went to our nearby farm yesterday and walked through all the green houses. We buy all of our flowers and veggie plants there every year. They are so healthy and well taken care of and seem to fare better than what the big box stores have to offer.
We bought cuke and zucchini  plants, walla, walla sweet onion starts, romaine lettuce and three tomato plants. Last year we had five tomato plants and it was to many.  I also bought a flat of violets for the front area. I will get those planted tomorrow into a cute container to set by the door.
Hubby spaded up the raised beds and added organic fertilizer and planted our veggies. The tomatoes already have their cages around them. It is easier to do that from the beginning. 
Shortly after he had planted the rain came in and like I have already mentioned it was pounding, there was no mercy. They all held up well despite their battering.
So we have a start now. We still need our pepper plants and some additional herbs. It is to early for peppers yet.


I have had a busy morning running for groceries and I also had a few errands. So the menu is set for the next week off of what the sale ad's had to offer. 
Tonight I have making chicken pomodora I have not made it for a while. I do have the recipe posted on a earlier blog. It is a fave of ours and simple to make but it does have some nice complex flavors so it perfect to make on a busy day.
I picked up boneless pork short ribs for Friday's meal. Hubby and I wanted to grill after returning from our winery visit. I wanted to get regular old style pork ribs but they were out. So this will suffice. I will put my rub on them and sear them then into the roaster for a hour or so to pre-bake. Then onto the grill over low heat while mopping them with sauce.


I am in a very pleasant mood today. Hubby is working and out of the house!  Really it is quite hard with him about when I am so used to my time alone during the day.  When he is home he helps with chores and cooking and such but I still like to be queen of my castle. 
I am going to set aside a little time for reading this afternoon and to catch up on some correspondence. It is quiet in the house no telly no radio no anything. I have the doors open and hear the birds, mostly the jays. Wow, they can chatter they must have so much to chat about.


Well off I go outside to enjoy some sun while sweeping the deck and then to the garden area to stick my nose in a book. This is a really wacky book I am into now. It is funny and witty it's a hoot. It is a nice change of pace for me and makes me laugh out loud, I love it!!!!


I hope your day is lovely where you are. We have been waiting so long here for that shy sun to make a appearance I do not want to waste a moment.
So off I go!











No comments:

Post a Comment