Saturday, May 14, 2011

SUNRISE SLUSHY


Posted by PicasaYesterday was a day of sunshine and slushies! Too fun. We have waited so long for a hot day and it did not disappoint.
Imre created this drink and I have to say I really prefer it to a margarita. I have always had a problem drinking margarita's. I do not know if it is the sweet and sour or what exactly. But these sunrise slushies  go down easy are not sweet just yummy and fruity.
This is what Imre does.
This makes enough for four drinks.
Fill a blender halfway with crushed ice
Add six shots of gold tequila
Add approximately three quarters cup orange juice
Rose's brand grenadine to taste. This is sweet so be careful we use it sparingly and I would say one shot is enough. If you prefer your drinks sweeter just add more.
The juice of one lime.
Blend until snow cone consistency.
Pour into a small pitcher 
I like to use big balloon wine glasses for this drink add a straw and a twist or two of lime.
I could drink these sunrise slushies all summer. Problem is they may go down too easily. All I can say we had a mighty fine afternoon!


Today is back to gray skies and low clouds. A while ago it go so dark I surely thought the rain would come but so far so not a drop.


I had a irritating morning but I really held myself in check. Patience is something I need to work on so I am very aware how many annoying things come along to test me.
I grocery shopped yesterday but needed to run back to the store today as we are making fish taco's this weekend and we had used up all the limes in the slushies. So I ran for those as well as a couple other items. Of course Saturday afternoon is always a mass of working folks doing their shopping I always try to avoid that at all cost. Oh well I told myself I enjoyed reading the entire People magazine while waiting in the check out line.
I also had taken two big bags of sensitive and personal papers to be dropped off and put into a secure truck to be trucked away for shredding. This is a free service that is offered once a year in our area. Well it did not turn out to well for me. There were a lot of folks doing the same thing so there was no where to park. I would have had to park a long ways away in the grocery store parking lot. So I could not see myself carrying those two big plastic bags to the area I needed to be. So I bagged it! They are still in the back of my rig. Now what?  We do have a shredder but it has seen it's better days, hubby has struggled trying to fix it for days. So back to square one but what was that? I still managed to have a smile on my face for hubby when I returned, I am making progress.


We are going down the street to my sis in law's tonight for taco's and beans and I am taking Spanish rice. I like the way I make my Spanish rice, it is so easy I am almost ashamed to share the recipe. But I will take a photo and share that recipe tomorrow.
After dinner and probably before dinner we will play games. I think tonight Gin rummy is on the agenda. It will be an old fashioned evening just like my parents enjoyed in their younger years. Those were the days of the great depression and so many a night was spent playing cards and games with family and friends and gathering together what food they had to share. There was probably some bootleg liqueur being served as well.  I have heard the tales. 
So for a lot of us these are the days of our depression so similar evenings still bring enjoyment without expense.


Well I have a few more things to attend in the line of my wifely duties so best get them done.
Have a lovely weekend.
Till later.





No comments:

Post a Comment