Monday, May 30, 2011

VILOLETS AND HAIL




This was the scene on Saturday. Oh how it hailed. I fear we have lost about half of our cuke plants. They just could not take the battering. The street and sidewalk were white with hail about a inch deep. It totally pounded and the hail danced down for a hour half. There was also thunder in the distance. Quite a spring storm.

The weekend is laid back for me. Hubby is working each day as I had mentioned before. I have done a few projects that needed attended to. I have managed my walks each day but not an easy feat.
Saturday afternoon I went to the Bon Voyage party for my niece Sarah off the Vicenza Italy. There were many of her friends there. Friends from college of course but also friends from as early as grammar school.
She had a fun filled afternoon and was anticipating her flight from Portland the next day. She flew directly to Amsterdam Sunday which was ten hours then on to Venice. I am not sure what the travel arrangement from Venice to Vicenza were.  No doubt she is jet lagged at this point. I know her parents always worry until she arrives safely at her destination.

Tomorrow hubby and I are going out to lunch at his favorite place, mexican food of course. I will be leaving on Thursday and heading north to visit family and friends. So another boring trip on I-5. I hope the weather will not be rain as I dislike driving the freeway with all the truck traffic in the rain. The weather is not going to be warm while I am there. Cool in the low to mid sixties and showers with hopefully a little sun at the later part of my stay. Well in Oregon we take what we get with a smile I suppose what else is there to do?

This is quite a boring blog today but really it has been a blah week so what do I have write about?
We did have amazing Italian sausage hot dogs last night. Hubby requested them we filled them with sauerkraut and onions, pickle relish and lots of spicy mustard. I made a batch of home fries in the oven with a special dipping sauce to go with. I was grilling early evening in a mist so thick Iwas as wet as if it had rained.
I am going to make some lemon sour cream muffins today mainly for something to do. The recipe looks good. I will make six over-sized kind as that is what we prefer. We like the big muffin tops crusty with sugar sprinkles. Of course this could add to the growing muffin top on my own body. Well I will just eat the muffin tops and leave the bottoms for hubby!

Well have a nice Memorial day wherever you are. Some will be coming home from a wet cold camping weekend and will enjoy the warmth of their homes once again.
We saw on the telly last night shots of Odell Lake here in our mountain area. Folks were huddled around a smoking fire all bundled up in coats and hats as snow was falling. My hubby said to me, that looks like fun. Well needless to say I was certainly thinking the opposite. Like how could that even be enjoyable standing by a smoking fire cold and miserable. To each his own.
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment