Wednesday, September 21, 2011

PICKLED PEPPERS WITH VEGGIES


Posted by PicasaPeter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers, how many pickled peppers did Peter Piper pick?
Not sure I know the answer to that but I know how many peppers that hubby picked from our garden. Two huge bowls full.
So this how I came to be pickling peppers what else to do you cannot eat them all fresh or in salsa. So I added what I had on hand to the peppers jars which was onion, celery and carrots.  Makes for a festive looking jar with the many different colored peppers.
I used a basic vinegar, salt and water brim but added to that pickling spice and a tad of sugar to mellow out the vinegar. Hubby is not to keen on the taste but eatable he says. I think perhaps it is the pickling spice. So next time I will make it up without that. Always new things to learn.


Our weather again today is one of the most amazing days we have had this year. Pristine and picture perfect. I am so loving this weather, this last gasp of summer drifting into fall at a slow slide is so easy on the body and soul.
We may make drive out through wine country tomorrow for a last breath of summer and have lunch at King Estate. This time of year most all is yellow in the fields but the evergreens bring a bright green to the landscapes edges. Our lunch at King Estate was so amazing early spring when we were there we are hoping to have the same experience. You know one last hurrah before the rain comes.

Tonight in our kitchen I am making a potato cheese casserole with scallions and sour cream and Monterrey jack cheese. I will grill pork steak bites that have been sitting in the  fridge with my steak rub and will add corn on the cob with honey butter to the mix. So a summer fix I suppose. Who knows how long we will be bbq'ing.


I have a thought for the day. 
Do not worry about a thing.
What good does worry do?
What will be will be if you have done all that you can do.
Relax and let life have it's way with you.
A day at a time is a comfort.
Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment