Wednesday, September 28, 2011

THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN


Posted by PicasaMy fave time of year! Oh I had so much fun this afternoon decorating for fall and I also put out some Halloween decor also.
This is cozy-homey time for me. 
The chilly house and the black windows when we struggle out of bed in the morning is a reminder of what is around the very near corner. But it is not here yet so rejoice and enjoy autumns beauty. There is nothing more pristine or fresher than the first fall air, it is edged with cold in the morning and  sun softened in the afternoon. The sky is the deepest blue of all the seasons and cloud puffs are of the brightest white. It truly seems to me I could reach up and pluck one from the sky.


I making my deep dish apple pie this afternoon as I picked up the apples earlier at the farm. I make my pie crust and let it sit in plastic wrap in the fridge for about an hour before rolling. So while it sits I work on the apples  and other ingredients for the pie. I like to make the top crust cute with little apple cutouts. I also like to glaze the top with an egg wash and then sprinkle with granulated sugar. This little extra step just makes the top crust glisten. Oh, the house will smell so good when hubby walks through the door later. One sniff and he will be a happy man, I guarantee. I love to do little things for him like this. He works so very hard for us so I try to make him happy in anyway I can.
I will take a photo of the pie and post the recipe tomorrow if I have not done so on a previous blog.


I need to get to the kitchen now and get busy on the pie.
I hope you are enjoying your fall days in the manner that touches you.
I know I am.
Ciao.



No comments:

Post a Comment