Wednesday, September 7, 2011

SHRIMP ETOUFFEE


Posted by Picasa Well first let me apologize for the photo. This dish did not photograph properly due to the fact I could not set the camera to (not flash) for some reason. So it is what it is.
This dish is a burst of bright mingling flavors of tender shrimp with sauteed veggies and fresh diced tomatoes and chili's served over our favorite Cal Rose short grain rice. 


Here is the recipe.
1 cup of onion chopped
2 tablespoons canola oil
2 tablespoons butter
1 med size green, red or yellow pepper about 3/4 cup
1 cup of diced celery
2 cloves of garlic minced
1 teaspoon paprika
1 can of diced tomatoes with their juice. ( I used fresh tomatoes from our garden. I diced them and put them in a bowl with a bit of salt to they would release their juices I let them sit about a hour.)
1 can of fire roasted diced chili's
1 1/4 lb of cleaned, deveined shrimp
1/2 cup of sliced scallions (opt)
Hot cooked white rice


I a large deep skillet saute the onion in the oil and butter mixture till tender.
Add the pepper, celery, garlic, tomatoes and chili's. Cook uncovered over low heat for 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Add paprika and shrimp. Stir  cook another 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
Serve over hot rice. Scatter with sliced scallions if desired.


This simple little recipe has a tiny bit of a bite but if you like more heat just sprinkle a little hot sauce of your choice over the top.
Ladle over white rice and a nice accompaniment is corn on the cob. Enjoy!


This morning I was out and about early in an attempt to have time this afternoon to do my own thing............but at this point what is it I want to do? I like the freedom of that my mind is a whir with possibilities.


I had my weekly grocery shopping done in a wink as there was no one in the store early. The bank had just opened so I was the first drive thru customer of the day. Then a nice little drive out to the farm where I get my veggies again I dashed about so fast. I was back home in no time, a tad over a hour. Way to go Zo! As you know I hate to waste time shopping for anything.


Well I do have a few little things to attend to now. Then the day is mine, all mine. Will I waste it doing nothing but reading and being self indulgent, or will I take on a project listed on my ever growing project list that presents itself to me every morning on the front of my fridge ?


Enjoy your day whatever it is you are doing. It is going to heat up here into the nineties. I am happy for the air conditioning today.
Later.







No comments:

Post a Comment