Wednesday, September 14, 2011

WHATS HAPPENING AT OUR HOUSE


Well this is what is happening right now in our garden and kitchen. More and more tomatoes they fill this big bowl each day. The casserole is a fave of the family. Chicken, cheesy, creamy enchilada's. I think my grandson Tyson goes to heaven when this hits his lips! It is so very good and creamy rich and I have posted the recipe on a previous blog. 


We had a nice little weekend short but sweet in Bend with family. We encountered a smokey pass on the drive there and back. Not enjoyable at all. Usually that drive is such a treat but this trip was miserable. I held two tissues over my nose and mouth for many miles. Poor hubby could only drive and try to inhale as little as possible. My car smells like a forest fire at this point. I have been trying to air it out and finally gave in and bought some new car smell air freshener I surely hope it helps. So sad the forest fires but I think it is natures way of taking care of what needs to be done and then ultimately all is regrown and renewed.


Today was a day of making more zucchini relish, roasted tomato and garlic sauce and freezing berries. So my day was full of processing once more in my kitchen. I must say I do have a feeling of pride and thankfulness when I look in my freezer and see all the items I have made up and processed. We will so enjoy all this bounty in the coming months. I can see how this can become addictive. As I fill each shelf in the freezer I want more items to take up more shelves. I feel fortunate that in this time of my life I am home and not working so I can do this for my hubby and I.


We sat out in the garden late afternoon and sopped us what sun was available to us. These last rays of summer are so appreciated.


My niece Sarah is coming tomorrow to hang out with me. I will make us a yummy treat. I am thinking, tomato, basil and cheese panini's with a little green salad with farm stand veggies and homemade dressing. A light lunch with a cold white table wine to go with should be perfect. I am hoping the sun will be out bright for us so we can eat at the patio table.


Well the dinner mess from this evening is still sitting on the ktichen counter top. So I must get that cleaned up and get in my cozy clothes and chill the rest of the evening. I feel relaxed and full...........not a bad way to feel really.


Today is hump day for lots of folks so enjoy and know there are only two days left of your work week. It feels so good as I remember.


Later.







No comments:

Post a Comment