Monday, February 13, 2012

FRESH SPINACH QUICHE


Posted by PicasaThis was a very tasty quiche. We will have it again tonight as you can see we ate about half. This recipe is compliments of the queen of calories Paula Dean. If you can imagine this recipe called for a pound of bacon. A pound of bacon? Yikes. I cut that down using about five strips.  I am going to share the recipe though as it is so good and I love making items with fresh spinach rather than frozen.
So here is the recipe.


Spinach and bacon quiche
6 large eggs beaten
1  1/2  cups cream
pepper to taste
2 cups fresh spinach chopped and packed
five slices of bacon fried and crumbled(you can add more if desired)
1 1/2 cups shredded swiss cheese
1 9-inch crust either home made or store bought
(cut or roll to fit 9-inch pie plate.


Directions:
Preheat over to 375 degrees F
Combine the eggs, cream and pepper in a blender. Layer the spinach, bacon and cheese in the pie crust and then pour the egg mixture over all. I then like to sprinkle with paprika. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until egg mixture is set. Cut into wedges and serve.
We like to add just a little of our homemade salsa on top. Serve with a nice green salad.
Do try it is savory, cheesy and yummy. Would make a great brunch item with a colorful fruit salad.


It is another gray day. I should not say another however as yesterday was grand the first part of the day. However by the time I walked the gray had moved in and covered us like a flannel blanket. 


My daughter's birthday tomorrow so I will write about my darling daughter then.


There are many things I need to attend to today so I must leave you now and carry on with my day.
See you tomorrow on Valentines Day.









No comments:

Post a Comment