Tuesday, February 14, 2012

MY VALENTINE GIRL, HAPPY BIRTHDAY GINA


Posted by PicasaHere is my beautiful daughter Gina with her fiancee Doug. This was taken at our home last year on one of their visits.
Happy birthday Gina. You have always been such a dear daughter. No Mother could ask for more. You are my friend as well as my daughter and oh the fun we have when we are together. Like two pea's in a pod though one pea is starting to shrivel up a bit lol.
I hope you have a grand birthday.  Doug is having his birthday also as he was a Valentine baby too. So happy birthday Doug!


Gina will be coming to visit us at the end of the month. I am excited about that. I am already making plans as I usually do. What would I do without my plans and lists?


It is chilly out today though it is deceiving. It looks no different than days past with the gray parting to blue above us but the air does not say spring today it says winter. I would love to be somewhere warm for a couple of weeks. I recall one year in February hubby decided that we needed to go to Florida and stay at Disney World. This trip came about so quickly it made my head spin. I called our travel agent inquiring about fares, rooms etc. Well it just so happened it was the last day to book for an incredible deal and it was a fantastic deal but we had to fly out within two days. So I hung up the phone gave the details to my husband, and he said, we cannot afford not to go! So we packed a couple bags and the next day we were headed to my sons in Vancouver. We left our vehicle there and he took us to the airport. I think when I landed in my seat on the plane I was still stunned. I am usually a planner that plans way in advance for trips. But here we were flying off to Orlando with who knows what in the suitcases the packing part was a blur.
We spent eight days there. Bought the super passes so we could see and do everything under the Florida sun. I was getting worn out and actually came down sick.  I was so ill in fact that it hurt me so to even shower.  So the last two days were spent in our hotel room going no where. On the return flight home my hubby came down with it. That was not the first time we picked up a bug while flying.  But I would risk that now to be off somewhere warm with the sun radiating into my winter white skin and nourishing my soul.


Well no sun for this gal today and I must get to my daily chores.
Thinking of you my daughter with so much love in my heart.





No comments:

Post a Comment