Saturday, March 31, 2012

ASPARAGUS TART


Posted by PicasaI making this asparagus tart tomorrow. I posted a recipe on this blog previously. This time of year asparagus is wonderful  fragile, small and so tasty. I love to make this tart and it is a pretty dish to set upon the table.


Rainy again today as it was yesterday and the day before that and day before that. So many days of gray wet rain and we have had a good doze of wind also.
We are so tired of it all at this point. We have dreams of deserts in the southwest and sun and warmth.
My daughter Gina is now in Las Vegas enjoying eighty degree days and balmy evenings.  I talked to her yesterday and she mentioned they were walking  on the strip the past evening and she was wearing a tank top. I told her I was so so jealous, she laughed but I was serious!


We went out to lunch yesterday at our favorite Mexican place. We were so full though when we got home we wished we had not. Just too much food. My hubby and I are not big eaters and a little of this and a little of that adds up and Mexican food is just so filling and rich. So we groaned and held our tummies and splayed on the sofa's last night watching movies. We rented "The Help" it was a very good movie.  So sad to think a short time ago that sort of treatment was acceptable. Anyhow a moving thought provoking movie.


Today I suppose we will be lazy. I really have nothing on the agenda. I do not need to make dinner as we going out in the country to visit friends and have dinner with them.


I am hoping to catch a small bright spot in the sky today so I can walk.  I have not for several days now and I can tell the difference in my legs. It does not take more than missing a few days for my legs suffer. Please sun, spring and warmth come to our door step.


I will be making some tasty items in my kitchen this coming week.  Last week was rather hard to fix anything but easy fare as hubby worked very late most nights. When I do not know what time we are eating it really needs to be something that can be held or something I can make fast so that limits me.


Have a lovely weekend. Enjoy the rain.............oh yeah :(

No comments:

Post a Comment