Sunday, May 27, 2012

CARNA ASADA TACO'S WITH LEFTOVER STEAK


Posted by PicasaTonight in Zo's Kitchen I am preparing carna asada taco's with leftover flat iron steak which we grilled last night.
I grilled the steak with a rub so it was not marinated. So what I am going to do this evening is chop up the steak and marinate it in fresh lime juice with a smashed clove of garlic a dash of cumin and salt and pepper. I will let those little pieces marinate for about an hour. Then I will drain and put in a hot skillet just to heat. I think this process will work out fine.
We are making crispy corn shells tonight and will top the steak with cheese, chopped sweet onion and shredded lettuce. To the side I will serve spicy marinated banana peppers and sliced pickled Jalenpano's to add if we like.
I am fixing whole pinto beans tonight as a side dish.


The photo posted above is pork verde taco's and black beans that we had some time back.
My camera is busy charging and I thought why take yet another taco picture as I have posted several and I like this one.


Well for a Memorial weekend I suppose it is par for the course.
Cool, gray, grim, ominous looking clouds that could promote a drizzle at any time.  So I raise my glass to all those camping souls that have forged out into this  dull dreary weekend. You are more adventurous than I at this point in my life.
I was content to stay in my home this morning and linger over the Sunday paper and sip several cups of  joe. 
I did take a walk this morning early. Everyone's window coverings were still down or drawn. Not a peep from anyone along my route. Either folks are gone or being lazy this morning.
This afternoon I need to scout my bookcase for a book. Of course it will be a book I have read before but if it has been a few years that is fine with me. I only keep my faves and they all deserve a second reading.


Hubby is smoking salmon today. He bought a whole coho salmon yesterday and marinated it over night. He loves making marinades and smoking meat and fish.
So other than enjoying snacking on the smoked salmon I want to save a portion for a pasta dish I love. I will take a photo of that dish and post the recipe it is an original and so yummy.


Quote for today.
"Wine makes daily living easier, less hurried, with fewer tensions and more tolerance."
Benjamin Franklin




Enjoy your Memorial weekend. And remember a glass of wine could keep the chill away.



No comments:

Post a Comment