Wednesday, May 16, 2012

KING ESTATE WINE COUNTRY


Posted by PicasaZo making a toast last year at King Estate here in our lush Willamette Valley. We will be going next week weather permitting. We always go in spring and May primarily.
We will have a grand lunch here at King Estate. Their fare is very very tasty indeed. However we will also visit and taste local wines at several vineyards. This is something we both love to do and who could not adore being in this rolling green countryside.


I have just returned from my weekly grocery shopping and banking. So the remainder of the day now belongs to me and my pursuits.
I still need to walk and it is a perfect day for walking. Mid seventies with a slight breeze just enough to make the leaves on the trees do a little shimmy.


I am reading a book now by Ann Pacthett that started out quite slow, but it has been building and building bit by bit. So yesterday as I turned the pages hungrily reading, the tale has revealed a sinful, soiled cast of characters. Each having his or her own back story filled with secrets and lies.  This afternoon will likely find me, nose in book lazing in my comfy deck chair lost in their sorry lives.


Tonight in my kitchen we are having country fried steaks with gold mashed spuds and gravy and fresh roasted broccoli. I love broccoli fixed in this manner. Just toss the segments with olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper and roast. A drizzle of balsamic vinegar is a nice touch to add to your serving. So comfort food this evening. We dined on the left over enchilada's and beans last night. I have a fat whole fryer sitting in the fridge thawing for tomorrow nights dinner. I will cut it up and make chicken paprika. This is recipe of Nigella's on the cooking channel, actually it is her Mothers'  recipe.  Different from what I usually make.  So if it is as good as it looks I will share photo's and recipe with you.
You know I used to make home made egg noodles to go with a dish like this but I now use "Country Pasta" brand egg pasta noodles. So easy and fast compared to home made and quite good really. I get them at Walmart. Who would think?


It is time to close and get my walking shoes on and stroll through the green green neighborhood. 
Ciao, Have a lovely spring day.



No comments:

Post a Comment