Tuesday, May 8, 2012

FULL MOON


Posted by PicasaThis was the full moon the other night it was 15,000 miles closer to the earth than it usually is. The picture looks like this because I did not realize I had the lens setting wrong on the camera. So with the film slowed down like this it appears as if the moon has a blazing fiery fringe about it. Quite interesting I think. I wonder what those other two spots are?


Since returning home from our trip we have been busy outdoors. The deck has a new coat of rusty red stain on it. The patio furniture is on the deck now but awaiting cleaning. Tomorrow hubby will finish weeding the garden beds. And after I return from grocery shopping I will wash the windows outside.


We had a fun afternoon yesterday after chores.
I had a coupon for our favorite Mexican place for a free entree for my birthday. It is nice how they give you a week to use the coupon. So I ordered quite a few things. We know the server and she said we could order what we liked and then she just took $12.99 off the bill which is what the coupon was valued at. So I had my favorites and shared with hubby too. Plus I brought my delicious beans and rice and corn cakes home and reheated them for today's lunch. Yummy even the second time around.


I had the most amazing walk yesterday. It looks like summer out now and the day was so warm with just a hint of a warm breeze. I so liked walking in the neighborhood looking at all flowers that have bloomed out in every color imaginable. The slower varieties are poking up from the earth still closed or partly opened. All look so fresh and bright with their faces raised to the sun. The leaf trees that line the streets are a thick mass of twinkling bright green.


We are having pizza tonight for dinner but tomorrow night we will grill. I am making southwest grilled chicken sandwiches on onion rolls. 
I like to slightly pound the boneless breast to even them out salt and pepper each breast and then I slip them into a ziplock bag with a handful of cilantro, chopped garlic, lime juice, orange juice and fresh jalenpeno chunks. Let marinate for several hours then drain and pat dry. Oil the grill well heat to mediuim and place the chicken on the grill. Turn as often as needed. I do like to get grill marks on them. Before they have completed cooking add a whole canned chili sliced in two and a slice of jack cheese. When the cheese has melted over the chili remove from grill. I make a sauce of mayo, ketchup, Dijon mustard, horseradish and Worcestershire. 
We both like toasted buns. I do not like to put the buns on the grill to heat as it drys them out. I heat a large skillet and drizzle olive oil on the inside of the buns and place them inside down in the hot skillet top with a lid and heat. Let them go until the inside is toasted.
We are having a black bean, rice and corn salad with our grilled chicken sammies. That just reminds me I need to find my recipe for that salad lol.
Anyhow this is a fave or ours in the summer.


I have chatted way to long and chores still await.
Enjoy your day. Me too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment