Tuesday, May 15, 2012

CHEESE ENCHILADIA'S


Posted by PicasaVery tasty fare last night. Two cheese enchiladia's with a pinto bean pot. In other words pinto beans cooked in chicken broth with shallots, garlic and other seasonings. After dishing up we topped all with a scattering of sliced scallions.
As always we have enough for this evenings meal. I am going to add a side of mixed greens also.


Hubby is working this week. So I am hopeful to get much accomplished. The guest room is waiting for me to make some magic in it. I am arranging the furniture today and cleaning all good and making up the bed in summer mode. I was going to do this last week but it is hard to take on a project when hubby is home. Seems we are always doing something together.
I also need to work on the computer today for an hour or so.


I will be spending time with a gal friend in Bend this weekend. I am so looking forward to that. I have many friends that live in Bend and though I do not see them that often they are always in my mind and thoughts. I do miss Bend for that reason alone. If I were rich I suppose I would want to have a second home there. Hubby enjoys skiing and I like the good quality eateries and what Bend has to offer in it's downtown area's and always a plus to have good friends to share that with. But alas that is not the case at this point in my life but who knows????


Our weather has been glorious. Today though is cooler so far as cloud cover is holding the sun at bay. They forecast 80 degree's for today so I suppose the clouds will melt away at some point and the sun will beam bright for us here in the Willamette Valley.


I made an amazing Mother's day meal for my husband and myself. I was not with family so we celebrated the day with good food and each other's company. 
I fixed Chicken Picata always a favorite classy dish. Golden tender juicy chicken fillets simmering in a sauce of butter, white wine, lemon slices and capers. I serve it along side fluffy rice, risotto or couscous. Fresh asparagus is a perfect side dish also. However this time I made us a salad of baby greens, beets, red onion and cucumbers with home made Russian dressing. When I serve up Chicken Picata there are never leftovers it is just to good to leave one luscious bite.
We spent a plesant afternoon on the deck. I was going through cooking magazines. I have some that are ten years old or better so I have been ripping out what recipes I care to save and putting them in a folder and tossing the magazines. Then we played some games at the patio table. It was quiet in the neighborhood which was a plus.  
Both of my children called I love them so and they are always there for me as I am for them. They are devoted to me each in their own ways. My son and I are very close as he lives his life alone, no partner. So I am his go-to person much of the time. So we do share a lot of our daily lives. We talk about everything. He is such a open man his life rides on his sleeve for all to see.  My daughter and I are very much alike so we can spend hours in conversation. It does truly amaze how much we are the same in our thoughts and patterns. Like two pea's in a pod she always says. So I am so thankful for these two in my life they bring much happiness to my heart and much soul felt love to my being. I could not imagine my life without them being a part of it.


Well on those lovely thoughts I had best get on with my day.
Have a terrific Tuesday whatever it is you are doing.
Bye for now.



No comments:

Post a Comment