Tuesday, December 6, 2011

BLUE CHEESE BACON SALAD WITH GARLIC TOAST


Posted by PicasaWe were very hungry for salad so the other night we made up this tasty number. 
Romaine lettuce, radish, onion and tomatoes slices with my blue cheese dressing and topped with crispy fried bacon bits and home made garlic parmesan croutons. We were very satisfied and it is nice sometimes to just have a salad for dinner even in the winter.


Well today I am getting us ready to go to the beach. We are staying right on the beach (no earthquake or tsunami please). We love this room as it has a large kitchen and we know what cooking items are missing in this kitchen so we take our own along. We are on the top floor so the view is amazing, the bed comfy and a nice little deck. The room fits our needs.
The weather is to be sunny, yes, sun, sun and more sun. We have been in a the thick cold fog here for days now. Sometimes at the end of the day the fog will roll off to reveal deep blue skies and sun. but this event happening at the end of the day cheats us. So we are more than ready to head out of the fog bog.


I have much to do today. I am making up in advance a thick potato cheese and sausage chowder to take along. We will have that with a hot loaf of crispy Italian bread with garlic butter. I like chowder at the beach and it does not need to be clam chowder. However we are going to have clam chowder at our fave bar and grill in Florence, the Beachcomber. The chowder is thick and rich loaded with delicate clam bits and creamy potatoes onions and celery. A good sprinkle of black pepper and Tabasco over the top and heaven awaits. 


I must now get on with my chores. I have already been grocery shopping I was at the store at eight-thirty this morning. No one was about except for few early birds like myself. I like that. I am not one for shopping as I have mentioned a zillion times before and certainly am not one for crowds and waiting in line. I have no patience. I am working on that but still I have not conquered patience.


Have a nice day and I certainly hope you are not fogged in. Not fun .
Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment