Saturday, June 22, 2013

A WONDERFUL VISIT

My daughter and I had a wonderful time on our get together.
I was so excited for her to arrive this past Tuesday and she arrived in her adorable red car right on time. In she walked with two huge bouquets of cut country style flowers. Two bottles of champagne and snacks. She is always so thoughtful.
The first day we stayed home and sipped champagne and snacked and caught up. Our chatter and laughter filled the house. 
Hubby arrived home late afternoon and had time to visit with Gina while I prepared Chicken Picata, rice and green beans with bacon. I had made the French lemon tart that morning.
Our dinner was tasty and we sat after dinner and listened to music and visited.
The next day Gina and I went to lunch. We decided to go to McGrath's Fish House. She drove as she wanted to me to ride in her new car and also wanted me to totally enjoy my day without the worry of driving. We ordered coconut crusted halibut sandwiches with a cup of chowder and all was mouthwatering. My lovely daughter treated me to lunch, I knew better than to argue as it is a losing cause.
We then walked over to World Market and spent an hour looking at all there was. I bought her secretly a little gift of a body lotion she liked and placed it on her nightstand when we got home. 
We stayed home yesterday and reminisced and chatted about this and that, oh how we can talk. We listened to music and made Cd's for one another.
For dinner last night we dined on grilled turkey burgers with soyaki marinade with the works and I made homemade potato chips,they turned our good(my first try with the chips sliced on the mandolin.)

It was sad this morning when Gina left. I always go through this. Just as I did with my Mother.
A big lump forms in your throat and it is hard to swallow your eyes flood with tears. So when I watched her drive away I immediately got busy(my best cure) and did my housework and started some laundry as it was spilling out of the hamper. Then I truly crashed in my chair with a cup of tea and my book. Gina called later and we thanked each other for our nice time and made plans for my hubby and I to visit at their place in July.

This evening I am quite tired as it has been a full week for me. And now in four days I have a dear friend visiting me for a couple of days from Bend. So I will gear up once more for fun.
We will go to bed early this evening that I am sure of we need to recharge our minds and bodies.
Posted Friday June 21st.

No comments:

Post a Comment