Sunday, June 16, 2013

BACK YARD SOLITUDE


I really enjoy our little back yard. If you like hot sun you sit on the sidewalk there next to the house, if you prefer shade you sit in the grass area where it is always cool. I go back and forth. I think I am going to be spending a lot of time in this little area this summer.Of course it goes with out saying I will be reading a book.

Swiss steak did not happen at our house last night. Instead we grilled St.Louis style pork ribs with Zo's Carolina bbq sauce. I re-styled a sauce from a magazine that I felt was lacking in flavor. So I added more tang and it is so yummy.I roast the ribs in a roaster pan with a little water first for about forty-five minutes on 325 degree's. Then baste the ribs about forty minutes in this sauce on the grill basting and turning frequently the finished product are ribs that are slightly crusted at their edges and juicy inside with a sweet glazey taste with a back kick of vinegar tang and a bit of heat. Yummy. I made a italian pasta salad to go with. Not my usual as I used what was on hand. I did not have marinated artichoke hearts which I usually add and I missed those. I put in some garbanzo beans which I have not done before and hubby loved them in the salad. It was a good salad but with a different twist. We also had some doctored up ranch beans. So a nice meal on a beautiful evening.

Now my lovely daughter Gina is to arrive on Tuesday in the midst of showers......can you believe it? The weather turns on Tuesday the days she arrives and is showery and cool the entire length of her stay. Go figure? How does that always manage to happen? We had visions of sitting on the deck drinking champagne and the patio table holding such treats as a sliced baguette with dipping sauces of balsamic vinegar and olive oil with minced garlic. A tray of klamato olives, soft cheese, water wafers, chilled asparagus,deli meats. Well you get the idea. I know we will make the best of it but it is almost the end of June and you would think we would not be having weather in the sixties.

Today I am attacking these hardwood floors. First to vacuum all of the area rugs and remove, then vacuum the floors, then clean the floors with Bona wood floor care. This is applied with a applicator. Considering we have about 1600 sq-ft of hardwood this is a big job. So I will be busy today for the most part.

It is a nice day and I hope all the fathers out there are enjoying families and festivities. My son called me yesterday but I missed his call so I must get back to him this morning before starting the floor marathon.He has been a Dad for quite a long time now as his son Tyson will be 30 years old this October. Seems impossible wasn't it just yesterday he was a darling little baby with a head full of blonde curls and bright smiley eyes?

Now I must get at my day.
Happy Father's day everyone.







No comments:

Post a Comment